Transforming Life is a six week course for groups written by the Bishops of the diocese. It helps explore the second strand of the Living God's Love journey - Transforming Communities.
The course is based on the Old Testament lectionary principal Sunday readings for Lent 1 through to Palm Sunday..
Themes and Readings
- Transforming Promise (Genesis 9.8-17 – Noah and the Rainbow)
- Transforming Call (Genesis 17.1-7, 15-16 – Abraham and the new Name)
- Transforming Rule (Exodus 20.1-17 – Moses and the Commandments)
- Transforming Gift (Numbers 21.4-9 – the People and the Snake)
- Transforming Hope (Jeremiah 31.31-34 – Me and my Heart)
- Transforming Faith (Isaiah 50.4-9a – God and my Life)
The Lent Course will form part of a wider Lent initiative under the heading Transforming Life. This will include an opportunity for individuals to receive daily suggestions for reflection, prayer and action. See www.livethechallenge.co.uk for more information.