Smalltown St Mark SAMPLE
Date Adopted by PCC: 01 09 2011
Date presented to APCM:
Date sent to Bishop: 10 09 2011
Date review date: 10 09 2012
Parish: Smalltown St Mark
Deanery: East River
Three things we have seen about our parish and our world
- There are hidden pockets of poverty and need in our parish, the church rarely encounters these
- The youth in the parish have few facilities and funding is being cut for existing youth work
- We wonder how our life styles affect the lives of people in other parts of the world
Three things we have seen about our church
- We have far more contacts with people in the parish than we originally thought
- People appreciate the church being here and being open
- We are nervous about the word mission and we wonder why, we look inwards too much.
How we want to be described in five years’ time.
Our vision is to be a church rooted in God and in the local community, reflecting the variety of people who live in the parish and revealing the light and love Christ through our worship and our welcome, our words and our actions.
Our three key priorities for the next five years.
- Go deeper into God’s love – in understanding, in prayer and in action
- Be intentionally outward looking in every aspect of our life as a church
- Seek to grow occasional contacts into loving, listening relationships where faith is shared
Our five key SMART goals for the next year or more.
- Develop the use of Advent and Lent as seasons of prayer and reflection for all (not just the few)
- Bring ‘the world’, our parish and our daily life into our prayers, our preaching and our thanksgiving
- Set up a project to address issues of isolation amongst single mothers in the parish
- Plan and run a series of events to enable relationships to be built with baptism contacts
- To do more than run a Fairtrade Stall at church! Organise a group to go on a Habitat for Humanity trip.