St Michael’s in the Marsh SAMPLE
Date Adopted by PCC: 01 11 2011
Date presented to APCM:
Date sent to Bishop:
Date review date: 01 11 2012
Parish: St Michael’s in the Marsh
Deanery: Green Fields
Three things we have seen about our parish and our world
- It is a beautiful area, where people generally care for one another and there is a good quality of life
- The cost of living is high, and nearly all community facilities are situated out of the village
- The village school has developed a really fruitful link with a school in India
Three things we have seen about our church
- There are only two community buildings in the village, the church is one of them
- There is a sizeable proportion of the village who have little or no contact with the church
- Many of the members of congregation make strong connections between their faith and their life
How we want to be described in five years’ time.
A growing, serving and welcoming community of people who make a difference in the village through worship, through prayer and through action.
Our three key priorities for the next five years.
- To welcome and fully involve new people in the life of the church
- To develop the church building to enable more community use
- To grow in confidence in what we know about our faith and how we share it
Our five key SMART goals for the next year or more.
- Develop plans for a toilet and a small kitchen in the church – and get it done
- Organise a better system for keeping in touch with visitors and contacts through occasional offices
- Run a Christian basics course this year
- Work with the school to develop the Indian link to become village to village
- Keep the church open as much as possible and produce a good welcome leaflet