Date Adopted by PCC: 03 07 2012
Date presented to APCM: 22 07 2012
Date sent to Bishop: 23 07 2012
Date review date: 23 02 2013
Deanery: Hertford and Ware
Three things we have seen about our parish and our world
- Ware is a typical Hertfordshire small town with an interesting history and is a substantial commuter base.
- There are light industrial businesses with Glaxo Smith Kline being a major employer.
- There are good local schools and community interest groups.
Three things we have seen about our church
- It is a large, town centre, historic building - open daily and providing a welcome for all.
- A weekly pattern of worship is largely of the older generation with young families & young people more random in attendance.
- The church provides social outreach to the wider community in a variety of ways.
How we want to be described in five years’ time.
To be open, loving, lively and inclusive, increasing our faith and learning together. To be more aware and involved in mission locally, nationally and internationally.
Our three key priorities for the next five years.
- Maintain and develop an open welcome for all, strengthening links with the local community.
- Strengthen links within the Christian community across the town.
- Ensure everyone's contribution is valued & foster debate on the exploration of our faith.
Our five key SMART goals for the next year or more.
- Complete the refurbishment of the kitchen to encourage church and community use.
- Set up a working group to investigate activities for families and support for the elderly.
- Encourage development of a discussion group, with a monthly programme of events, open to all.
- Capitalise on the talents of the congregation, to ensure the legacy is continued for future generations.
- Investigate the setting up of a national and international link with a project, school or church.