Date Adopted by PCC: 25 04 2012
Date presented to APCM: 28 03 2012
Date sent to Bishop: 28 04 2012
Date review date: 20 01 2013
Three things we have seen about our parish and our world
- Small parish (260 adults), mix of 'old village', self-employed, retired, commuters and a few families.
- Few facilities - church / pub / village hall / WI and Harrold & Odell Country Park.
- Church / village relationships significantly improved in last 5 years.
Three things we have seen about our church
- Provides a Christian focus in the community, based on biblical teaching.
- Pro-actively welcoming with good links with local community and the Harrold & Carlton LEP churches.
- Ageing congregation with few children, but some newcomers.
How we want to be described in five years’ time.
A welcoming church, accessible to all, which provides a range of services, and mid-week groups enabling people to worship, hear God's word, and grow in faith. Taking God's love out into the community and building relationships through active involvement in village life, pastoral care and befriending. A church where lay leadership is encouraged and enabled.
Our three key priorities for the next five years.
- Set aside time to pray for our village, and the church's mission.
- Strenghen lay leadership through appropriate training.
- Continue to build on and develop our informal links with Harrold & Carlton.
Our five key SMART goals for the next year or more.
- Form a new pastoral support group and arrange for training.
- Talk to new families with young children to see if they would welcome a 'Tiddlywinks' group.
- Talk to local men to see if they would welcome a monthly Men's Breakfast at the pub.
- Summer sermon series on 'God's heart of mission' to encourage congregation & help us to understand the need to engage.
- Set aside time in August for additional prayer together.